Before and After Care
WAXING PRE & POST CARE
- Hair should be at least 1/4 inch (eyelash length), usually about two weeks growth
- Best to come in with exfoliated, hydrated skin
- No tanning beds, swimming or work outs for 24 hours.
- Avoid touching skin or doing anything where bacteria is going to get into the pores for 24 hours.
- We will finish your waxing with an organic aloe Vera soothing gel, please advise your practitioner if you have any allergies.
- You can start exfoliating your skin 5 days after waxing using a mild scent free exfoliant or exfoliating gloves. You can also start hydrating your skin the day after waxing using a light oil or scent free moisturizer.
MICROBLADING PRE & POST CAREIn order for your new brows to heal properly (and look their best) these Pre & Post Care Instructions found below are of the UTMOST IMPORTANCE! Pre-Care instructions are designed to limit bleeding and skin sensitivities during the service. Excess bleeding during the procedure can dilute the pigment color and lead to poor results.
MICROBLADING PRE CARE
- Do not work out 24 hours before the procedure.
- NO alcohol or caffeine 48 hours before the procedure (Yes, there is caffeine in decaf coffee and tea!).
- Avoid sun and tanning one week prior to the procedure.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hours before the procedure.
- Avoid Fish Oil, Prenatal Vitamins, and "Hair, Skin, Nail" supplements 48 hours prior to the procedure.
- Discontinue Retin-A 4 weeks prior.
- Refrain from use of any Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) products close to the eyebrow area 2 weeks prior to and 2 weeks after your procedure.
- No Botox for 2 months prior.
- Waxing treatments should be performed no less than 3 days prior to your enhancement.
- No brow waxing or tinting one week before.
- Avoid Chemical Peels, Microdermabrasion or facials for 4-weeks prior procedure.
Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
MICROBLADING POST CARE
- Keep the brow area clean by using a natural fragrance-free gel cleanser (such as Cetaphil) and water. Hands must be freshly clean. Avoid the use of abrasive washcloths or sponges.
- Allow eyebrows to completely air dry before applying ointment.
- Apply the aftercare ointment given (for the amount of days recommended by your artist) with freshly washed hands or a Q-Tip.
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring and pigment loss!
- COMPLETELY avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for a minimum of 4 weeks after your procedure. Direct sunlight can cause the pigment to change color while it is healing and can also cause hyperpigmentation and scarring.
- Avoid pool, sauna, steam rooms, hot showers and/or hot baths for 3 weeks.
- Avoid sweating for a full 10 days. Any physical effort, gym, hot weather, any other activity that may cause sweating through or on the brows will expel pigment from the dermis producing poor results.
- Avoid sleeping on your face/brows for the first 10 days.
- Keep your bangs and hair pulled back from your face for the first 10 days.
- NO makeup or skincare products to be used on the treated area for two weeks.
- NO facials, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- NO botox for 4 weeks. We recommend that it's best to wait until after your touch up heals to get Botox, as an educated injector will take your new brows into consideration when choosing where to inject.
- After 10 days, once the area has healed completely, consider using sunblock when going out in the sun to stop the color from fading.
- Eyebrow tinting should not be undertaken for 2 weeks after your procedure.
- Avoid Retin-A, Chemical Peels and Microderms around the brow area once healed.
LASH LIFTWithin the first 24 hours:
- Avoid makeup or harsh products on your eyes/lashes
- Avoid contact with water on the eye area
- Avoid heat such as saunas
- Avoid oils on lashes and around the eye area
Not all lashes can/should be lifted. There is a minimum length required for safety and optimal results. To avoid disappointment please contact us prior to booking if you are unsure you are a good candidate for this procedure.
- Show up to your appointment completely bare-faced, if possible.
- No Eye makeup, just clean lashes.
- Do not curl your lashes prior to appointment
- Remove contact lenses.
- We may have to tint your lashes prior to application to make lashes more visible for ease of application.
- Do bring your own music, tune into a podcast or mindfulness app to enjoy during your appointment. Be prepared to stay for up to 2 hours.
- Avoid using any oil-based/waterproof mascara on your lashes, when used in Volume Lashes, they close up the fans. Mascara is simply not necessary.
- Be aware that oil-based products (eyeliner, makeup, oil-based makeup remover eyc.) directly on or near the eyes, will lessen the effectiveness of the bond.
- Do not use an eyelash curler on your extensions, this will damage both your extensions and natural lashes. The extensions never lose their beautiful curl.
- If needed, the use of a Lash Growth serum such as Eyenvy will be recommended alongside your lash extensions.
- Do not rub your eyes, avoid excessive heat and water(24 hours AFTER appointment) such as: Tanning, Sauna, Hot Yoga, placing face under direct water, Dishwasher steam, smoking, hairdryer heat.
- Wash your lashes with approved lash cleanser. Water is not enough. Do not overbrush or touch your lashes ( oils in skin transfer to your lash extensions).
- Do realize that lashes are a commitment, you may have to schedule 2-3 week fills.
LASER PRE & POST CARE
LASER PRE CARE
- Must be off Accutane for at least 6 months
- Please shave 24 hours before the appointment
- Follow up appointments are 4-6 weeks apart depending on your hair growth cycle and skin rejuvenation requirements. Typically follow up for the face is 4 weeks and other body parts are 4-6 weeks.
LASER POST CARE
- Use adequate sunscreen (SPF 30)
- Avoid use of glycolic or Retinoic acid, AHA products for 2-4 days before and after treatment
- Do not use any hair removal creams or bleach, nor wax or threading between treatments.