Before and After Care
MICROBLADING PRE & POST CAREIn order for your new brows to heal properly (and look their best) these Pre & Post Care Instructions found below are of the UTMOST IMPORTANCE! Pre-Care instructions are designed to limit bleeding and skin sensitivities during the service. Excess bleeding during the procedure can dilute the pigment color and lead to poor results.
MICROBLADING PRE CARE
- Do not work out 24 hours before the procedure.
- NO alcohol or caffeine 48 hours before the procedure (Yes, there is caffeine in decaf coffee and tea!).
- Avoid sun and tanning one week prior to the procedure.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hours before the procedure.
- Avoid Fish Oil, Prenatal Vitamins, and "Hair, Skin, Nail" supplements 48 hours prior to the procedure.
- Discontinue Retin-A 4 weeks prior.
- Refrain from use of any Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) products close to the eyebrow area 2 weeks prior to and 2 weeks after your procedure.
- No Botox for 2 months prior.
- Waxing treatments should be performed no less than 3 days prior to your enhancement.
- No brow waxing or tinting one week before.
- Avoid Chemical Peels, Microdermabrasion or facials for 4-weeks prior procedure.
Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
MICROBLADING POST CARE
- Keep the brow area clean by using a natural fragrance-free gel cleanser (such as Cetaphil) and water. Hands must be freshly clean. Avoid the use of abrasive washcloths or sponges.
- Allow eyebrows to completely air dry before applying ointment.
- Apply the aftercare ointment given (for the amount of days recommended by your artist) with freshly washed hands or a Q-Tip.
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring and pigment loss!
- COMPLETELY avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for a minimum of 4 weeks after your procedure. Direct sunlight can cause the pigment to change color while it is healing and can also cause hyperpigmentation and scarring.
- Avoid pool, sauna, steam rooms, hot showers and/or hot baths for 3 weeks.
- Avoid sweating for a full 10 days. Any physical effort, gym, hot weather, any other activity that may cause sweating through or on the brows will expel pigment from the dermis producing poor results.
- Avoid sleeping on your face/brows for the first 10 days.
- Keep your bangs and hair pulled back from your face for the first 10 days.
- NO makeup or skincare products to be used on the treated area for two weeks.
- NO facials, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- NO botox for 4 weeks. We recommend that it's best to wait until after your touch up heals to get Botox, as an educated injector will take your new brows into consideration when choosing where to inject.
- After 10 days, once the area has healed completely, consider using sunblock when going out in the sun to stop the color from fading.
- Eyebrow tinting should not be undertaken for 2 weeks after your procedure.
- Avoid Retin-A, Chemical Peels and Microderms around the brow area once healed.
- Avoid contact with water on lashes for 24 to 48 hours after application.
- Avoid working out or any activity that will make you sweat.
- Avoid oil-based skin care products, as these will weaken the glue bonds, resulting in your lashes falling out much more quickly.
- Use a lash cleanser daily as recommended by your lash technician
LASH LIFTWithin the first 24 hours:
- Avoid makeup or harsh products on your eyes/lashes
- Avoid contact with water on the eye area
- Avoid heat such as saunas
- Avoid oils on lashes and around the eye area
LASER PRE & POST CARE
LASER PRE CARE
- Must be off Accutane for at least 6 months
- Please shave 24 hours before the appointment
- Follow up appointments are 4-6 weeks apart depending on your hair growth cycle and skin rejuvenation requirements. Typically follow up for the face is 4 weeks and other body parts are 4-6 weeks.
LASER PRE & POST CARE
- Use adequate sunscreen (SPF 30)
- Avoid use of glycolic or Retinoic acid, AHA products for 2-4 days before and after treatment
- Do not use any hair removal creams or bleach, nor wax or threading between treatments.